SkillMD gives you instant-access to free online healthcare courses, social network, forums, curated speech-enabled content, webinars, online tutors and more.
Most websites charge a hefty fee for membership, courses and other features. They charge a lot and only provide a fraction of our service. Our membership is Free and we offer a host of features too for free.
We founded SkillMD with the aim to provide easier access to high quality education, without barriers to entry. We believe this ease of access will motivate professionals and students to learn and share knowledge with each other.
If you wish to participate in our mission, bring this to the attention of your school and college authorities so that more students can benefit from it. You can visit the About Us page to know more.
SkillMD provides you opportunities to interact with medical professionals, fellow students and subject matter experts through our Website Chat, Forum, YouTube Live events and other niche video sessions. Keep an eye out on the Announcement section of our forum for notifications on upcoming events.
Absolutely not. All the courses are of the highest quality created by subject matter experts, along with quality video content.
Of course, you can join and leave a courses based on your preference.
Since the courses are Free, we encourage you to enroll and learn from the various courses offered without being worried about the consequences of not being able to complete it.
On rare occasions, we may have to update / modify / temporarily unpublish or remove a course or any other content. This may be due to technical, content integrity, quality, legal, policy or copyright reasons.
If you have further questions about SkillMD, you can post your query in the forums or Contact Us
Yes, there is an android app at Google Play store; soon, you’ll get app for iOS as well
All the courses on SkillMD are absolutely free!!
Join the courses to update your skills, post questions to clarify your doubts and participate in our forum to share your knowledge.
We currently have offer various courses under the following categories.
Anatomy, Bacteriology, Biochemistry, Biology, Cardiology, Dentistry, Dermatology, Endocrinology, Epidemiology, Forensic Medicine, General Medicine, Genetics, Immunology, Microbiology, Nephrology, Neurology, Nursing, Nutrition, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Pathology, Pediatrics, Pharmacology, Pulmonology, Rheumatology, Urology, Virology.
New courses are added regularly. Visit the Courses page to learn more.
Non-members can preview the first unit of most courses. Registered members (free membership) can enroll and take the entire course for FREE.
Currently, we are in the process of adding certificates for courses. Soon, some courses may offer “Certificates of Completion” upon completing the course completion requirements.
If a certificate is provided, details would be provided on the course page. Check the details prior to enrollment.
SkillMD is not an accredited institution. We offer a SkillMD Certificate of Completion for our courses.
Our courses are created by subject matter experts.
Yes, you will be able to save or export your Certificates of completion in a .pdf format.
The courses are offered for free, you are free to explore the courses. You can join and leave the course based on your convenience and satisfaction.
You can access SkillMD online on your Laptops, Desktop (PC and Mac) Smartphones (Android). iOS app should be out soon.
Performance and Speed are subject to various factors -
User side - Internet speed, Improper connectivity, Mobile / Laptop device, Anti-virus/firewall, Web browser, Extensions and tools, etc
Server side - High traffic, Geographical location, Server / CDN availability, Caching issues, etc.
We recommend using a broadband connection with a minimum speed of 2 Mbps and the latest version of Chrome Web Browser,
On mobile, you should have a satisfactory experience in:
Android 5.0 Lollipop & above and iOS 10.0 & above
Different web browsers offer differing performance levels.
We recommend using the latest Chrome web browser for optimal performance.
If you face difficulty, follow the suggested ‘common fixes’
If you encounter any performance or technical issues, any of the following steps may resolve the problem.
- Log-out and log-in to the website
- Refresh or restart your web browser / system / smartphone / Wi-Fi / Router
- Clear your browser cache and cookies
- Try using Chrome web browser
- Download or update your web browser to the latest version
- On your browser, select site settings and remove / clear existing site content
- Upgrade or update your smartphone / tablet to the latest version
- Check if any plugin / extension / firewall / anti-virus settings is causing the error
- Change or lower video quality
- Check your Internet speed
- Toggle the hardware acceleration settings and refresh the site
- Toggle the regular browser and incognito window / InPrivate browsing window and refresh
- Check your device volume and video playback settings
- Enable Android Web View on your device on the Google Play Store
You can support us on our social media pages. Do feel free to share your experience on SkillMD with us and your friends.
We appreciate all contributions. Visit the Support us page.
- Be our champion ambassador - Share it with your friends/ colleagues and fellow professionals through word-of-mouth, social media, etc. Bring it to the attention of the staff of your school / college / medical institution so that more students can benefit from it.
- Contribute Content – If you are a subject matter expert who has created, is in the process of creating or would like to place your content on the website, then do contact us.