SkillMD is an online service provider as defined by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. We abide by the federal Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by responding to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the DMCA and other applicable laws.
If you are the copyright owner of content which appears on SkillMD and if the terms of the license are not followed, then you must notify SkillMD in writing in order for us to identify the allegedly infringing content and take action.
As part of our response, we may remove or disable access to material residing on the site or adopt such further action that at our discretion may be appropriate, including disabling a user’s account that is controlled or operated on SkillMD, that is claimed to be infringing, in which case we will make a good-faith attempt to contact the person who submitted the affected material so that they may make a counter notification, also in accordance with the DMCA. SkillMD will not necessarily send a confirmation regarding the removal/disabling.
SkillMD does not control content hosted on third party websites, and cannot remove content from sites it does not own or control. If you are the copyright owner of content hosted on a third party site, and you have not authorized the use of your content, please contact the administrator of that website directly to have the content removed.
Before serving either a Notice of Infringing Material or Counter-Notification, you may wish to contact a lawyer to better understand your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws. The following notice requirements are intended to comply with SkillMD’ rights and obligations under the DMCA and, in particular, section 512(c), and do not constitute legal advice.
Notice of Infringing Material
Copyright infringement notifications must meet the following requirements:
To file a notice of infringing material on a site owned or controlled by SkillMD, please provide a notification containing the following details:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner which expressly claims an exclusive right that is allegedly being infringed.
- Specific identification of the copyrighted work or atleast reasonably sufficient details to enable us to identify the work claimed to be infringed or, if multiple works are claimed to be infringed, a representative list of such works (for example: Page URL, Title, Author, any Registration or tracking number, etc );
- Reasonably sufficient detail to enable us to identify and locate the material that is claimed to be infringing (for example a link to the page that contains the material);
- Your contact information such as (for example, your address, telephone number, email address);
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material identified in (2) is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is alleged to be infringed.
In order to more easily facilitate the process we have provided a contact form for your use on our About Us page.
We will be unable to take any action if you do not provide us with the required information so please fill out all fields accurately and completely.
Please also note that under applicable law, 17 U.S.C. 512(f), any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
SkillMD has a zero-tolerance approach towards abusive content / links or files. To report abuse in relation to content or files please reach out to us with a clear summary/description of the issue at hand, using the form in the About Us page.